Tuesday, February 23, 2010

~*FuNkY eFfEcTs*~

I've been waiting to do this post! I'm so curious as to what people think of different effects that I use on their photographs. Some people hate the funky stuff, others love it. I guess it's a case-by-case kind of thing, but please leave a comment at the bottom of this post! (feel free to include other types of effects that you do like if not seen below).

So I've got two few that I really love to use - spot coloring & the "painting" like effect. Here's a favorite of mine (and yes it's partly because he's my fiance!):
I think that's my favorite effect...although I'm always for the "dreamy" look as well:


The effect that I would really love feedback on is the below styles. I am a bit torn on these. I
love them because they look artsy and have a totally different feel to them...especially the painting look. In the same breath, I feel like that defeats the purpose of taking a photograph because it's not capturing what the eye sees. Thoughts? I used to think that the less work done in an editing program, the better - and I still think this to a point, however there are some really great things you can do to a photo to give it a little more style or just an extra touch. I've learned that it will take YEARS before I can go on a photo shoot and come back with photos that don't need re-touching in any way. Patience is key...constantly reminding myself to be patient with my growth and that it'll come with practice and time. I love the process of taking photos, reviewing them and seeing where to improve and then learning how to improve. It's nice to be in control of my growth.


Looks like a painting


Looks like a drawing


I'm always drawn to these styles, but am always looking for something new to try. I'd love to know what you're drawn to - new ideas are always fun. LEAVE YOUR THOUGHTS!! :)

Next Blog: Nature fanatic

No comments: