Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Working with the Little Ones




Helloooo!

This has been an exciting photo week! I have been asked by friends to take photos of their kids as well as do "belly shots" before birth and photos of the baby after birth for a pregnant friend of mine. I'm really looking forward to the challenge of both. As I mentioned in the previous post, kids move so fast and are extremely unpredictable. I like that you can't make them do what you want...it's a good challenge to make something out of a "difficult" situation. I've never done belly shots before so I need to do some research on angles, poses etc...let me know if you have suggestions. This is why I love photography - there's always something new and different to keep the creative wheels turning. And you'll never come up with the same result twice - the possibilities of how to take one shot is so huge that it keeps the need to learn fresh.


I'm looking to do more photos of kids, so if you're interested let me know. I'm thinking spring might be a bigger hit with the little ones :) I'm finding the more on their level I get, the better the photograph - it's a whole different world when you're only 3 feet high! I find that I get a lot of satisfaction taking portraits of children because it's something their parents will always keep and look back on - something they themselves will look at as well when they're all grown up. Something nice about that...


I am working on a "portfolio" of photos that I've taken - stay tuned!

Next blog: Funky Effects...definitely looking for feedback on this one so limber up those typing fingers!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funky effects are kinda cool- but can be dated. Remember how "cool" it was to get the background with the laser beams in elementary school pictures? That fad went by after a few years! I'm a sucker for classic sepia & black & white. When you take pictures of my belly and kids in a few years, I won't request laser beams on my belly :-P Have you seen awkwardfamilyphotos.com ? Funny stuff!