Thursday, March 11, 2010

Nature Quest


When I first became interested in photography, it was nature that drew me in.  Just taking a walk in a local park, you can see several little "photographs" as you go...naturally I usually feel the need to snap a shot of everything I see.  All the little details that stand out might look like nothing as you walk, but take a photo and it suddenly becomes an important part of the forest (in my eyes at least).   This week and next I'm going be on a quest to find local shops that I can try to sell (TRY being the keyword) my photos in.  I'm not expecting any sales...but it will be fun to give it a shot - can't hurt right?  The nerve wracking part is finding places that will accept my photographs.  I get extremely nervous when showing my photos to others.  It shouldn't matter what others think - if I like it and learned something from taking it, that's all that matters.  Easier said then done.  My hands sweat and my heart races.  I'll work on it : )

If you know of any places that display local art, please let me know!  HighlightImages@gmail.com

1 comment:

Jen S said...

I read about an artist that displays her art in vacant store windows. Lots of stores in malls have closed down, or stores on Main Street Webster and the windows are empty. Try contacting the owner and see if you can fill space in the window and get your photos out there.