Saturday, June 19, 2010

Hmmm what's my favorite??

This thought has been running through my head the past few weeks...what's my favorite thing to shoot?  I feel like I need to pick one or two specialties for Highlight Photography, but at the same time keep finding myself saying "but why?".  Maybe so I can focus on getting better at one or two areas?  Maybe so I can figure out who my competitors might be one day down the line?  Maybe so I can find my niche and get comfortable? 

I know 2 things for sure...I LOVE kids and I LOVE dogs.  But I also love doing engagement sessions...and maybe weddings in the near future.  I also really enjoyed doing maternity photos and can't wait to photograph the newborns that have just arrived :) (although I think I can get away with grouping them into the kids category).  I don't want to limit myself at this point...why not photograph what anyone asks me to?  I don't see the harm in that, especially this stage in the game.  I really enjoy all of it to be honest.  Perhaps in a year or so, once I have even more experience I'll be able to pick and choose what I really want to do...but for now...let's just do it ALL : D

Here are a few photos from the past week's shoots...see what I mean?  How can you not love these faces?  And of course, being able to hold and cuddle them at the end isn't awful either...ok so I LOVE that as well!

At the end of the day, I say, do what you love and don't think twice about it...no need to rush into areas of expertise when I don't yet have the expertise :)

Hope you enjoy the photos - feel free to leave comments, questions or requests!!

No comments: